From: inventor1984 on
64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP software
out of all versions of win 7?

I update my web at Network Solutions with ftp don't know any other way
to update than ftp...

Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?

inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com

From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Dave Warren wrote:
> In message
> <3924dbbe-b9f0-4ce5-a6a1-d325641a10bc(a)z3g2000prd.googlegroups.com>
> inventor1984 <inventor(a)electricwindmillcar.com> was claimed to have
> wrote:
>
>> 64 bit FTP software... and why did Microsoft leave out a FTP
>> software out of all versions of win 7?
>
> They didn't. IE/Explorer includes FTP for graphic users, ftp.exe
> still exists for command line users.
>
>> Do adminstrators use ftp every day any more or not?
>
> I'd guess that depends on what the aforementioned administrators are
> trying to accomplish.

You can also map a remote site in Explorer and transfer files just like
you would with any drive/directory.

--
Crash

English is not my native tongue; I'm an American.
From: inventor1984 on
ok thanks please give me the command in run

for ftp.exe to upload index.html to .networksolutions.com not
the read name but close

thanks

Greg

inventor @ electricwindmillcar.com

From: "Dave "Crash" Dummy" on
Ohmster wrote:
> "Dave \"Crash\" Dummy" <invalid(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
>
>> You can also map a remote site in Explorer and transfer files just like
>> you would with any drive/directory.
>
> I just tried IE8 and yes, it works a treat for ftp as well as command line.
> How do you map an explorer window to an FTP site though?

Right click on "Computer" and select "Map network drive." At the bottom
of the popup is an option to "Connect to a web site that you can use to
store your documents and pictures." That will start the "Add network
location wizard." Just read and follow the directions.

Hint: If you want to access the remote site without logging in each time,
include the username and password in the URL. For example,
"ftp://username:password(a)ftp.domain.com"

--
Crash

"When you get to a fork in the road, take it."
~ Yogi Berra ~