From: Rascal Oo on
Hello all,
I am also getting the same problem.
The error looks:

??? Error using ==> svmtrain
Function "mxGetIr_700" is obsolete in file ".\compat32.cpp", line 282.
(64-bit mex files using sparse matrices must be rebuilt with the "-largeArrayDims" option. See the
R2006b release notes for more details.)

I am using win64 with matlab 64 edition.
this happen to me when i try to use svm to do some classification model.

I am sort of nobe in matlab and any help is much appreciated.

Rascal
From: Rascal Oo on
Hi all,
I am also getting the same error like the following:

??? Error using ==> svmtrain
Function "mxGetIr_700" is obsolete in file ".\compat32.cpp", line 282.
(64-bit mex files using sparse matrices must be rebuilt with the "-largeArrayDims" option. See the
R2006b release notes for more details.)

Got no idea to carry on.
I'm using matlab64 on win64.
Sort of beginner to matlab and any help is much appreciated.

Rascal
From: bobzheng zheng on
"Rascal Oo" <auto.tho(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message <hbnllo$qv1$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
> I am also getting the same error like the following:
>
> ??? Error using ==> svmtrain
> Function "mxGetIr_700" is obsolete in file ".\compat32.cpp", line 282.
> (64-bit mex files using sparse matrices must be rebuilt with the "-largeArrayDims" option. See the
> R2006b release notes for more details.)
>
> Got no idea to carry on.
> I'm using matlab64 on win64.
> Sort of beginner to matlab and any help is much appreciated.
>
> Rascal

I also have this problem...
From: Shiguo on
"bobzheng zheng" <bobzheng1983(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message <hckmv5$s48$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> "Rascal Oo" <auto.tho(a)googlemail.com> wrote in message <hbnllo$qv1$1(a)fred.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi all,
> > I am also getting the same error like the following:
> >
> > ??? Error using ==> svmtrain
> > Function "mxGetIr_700" is obsolete in file ".\compat32.cpp", line 282.
> > (64-bit mex files using sparse matrices must be rebuilt with the "-largeArrayDims" option. See the
> > R2006b release notes for more details.)
> >
> > Got no idea to carry on.
> > I'm using matlab64 on win64.
> > Sort of beginner to matlab and any help is much appreciated.
> >
> > Rascal
>
> I also have this problem...

I am using svmtrain with a matlab64 (matlab 2009a) on win64. I got exactly the same problem... Has anyone found out the solution?
From: Shiguo on
When I was using svmtrain in libsvm. I got this same problem. I write the software author (Chih-Jen Lin), he said that we need to modify make.m, add -largeArrayDims on 64-bit machines. So we need:

mex -O -largeArrayDims ...

now the make file is like this:

mex -O -largeArrayDims -c svm.cpp
mex -O -largeArrayDims -c svm_model_matlab.c
mex -O -largeArrayDims svmtrain.c svm.obj svm_model_matlab.obj
mex -O -largeArrayDims svmpredict.c svm.obj svm_model_matlab.obj
mex -O -largeArrayDims libsvmread.c
mex -O -largeArrayDims libsvmwrite.c

It fixed the problem. Enjoy~

P.S., the following FAQ says about the x64 compiler when installing visual studio c.

Q: On 64bit Windows I compile the MATLAB interface without problem, but why errors occur while running it?

If you use Microsoft Visual Studio, probabally it is not properly installed. See the explanation here.
http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/R2009b/win64.html;jsessionid=Ls87LF1JH1RnLp18kQdqtzvQGvw29Q4w26dJJn9JpzwZxCGNN7T4!-1681277526#n7