From: Sthu Deus on
Good day.

If You have any experience w/ ALAC (.m4a files) decompress, can
You please share You experience w/ which program You do it?

Personally, I would have a console program. I searched w/ the help of

apt-cache search m4a

and it seems that Debian has no console tool that can do this (I saw
pacpl and ripit, but I want a tool just for that or the software
that I already use, like mplayer/mencoder), or I'm wrong?

PS I saw there console programs

Thank You for Your time.

Hi!

You can use ffpmeg for that:

$ ffmpeg -i input.m4a output.wav

1. http://ubuntuaddict.com/ubuntu-converting-alac-to-wav-and-flac-and-vice-versa/

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35 4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81
From: Tim Clewlow on

can also do

mplayer -vo null -vc dummy -ao pcm:waveheader:file="output.wav"
"input.m4a"

Cheers, Tim.