From: Arthur Machlas on
greetings,

Using squeeze, with gnome and evolution 2.30.2, and trying to
customize the categories list, no changes can be made to the default
categories list.

For example, I create a new contact, called "John", then click
categories. I delete every category but favorites and anniverssaries.
Then I check those two categories, and create a new one called
friends.

The friends category doesn't show up and can't be checked.

I say ok to save my changes so far, re-open the categories, and all
the categories I've deleted are restored.

I thought maybe this was a permision problem, so I tried:
chown -R arthur:arthur /home/arthur

but this did not help.