From: Klistvud on
Dne, 23. 05. 2010 03:40:54 je Tom H napisal(a):

> Re 1. Your swap partition's UUID must be different. Check
> "/etc/initramfs-tools/". There is a "resume" file (in that dir or in a
> subdir) that will have your swap partition's UUID.

Thanx, Tom H. It worked.

> Re 2. What do you mean by "After changing the UUID of the new
> partition"? After "dd...", did your run "tune2fs -U ..." on your root
> partition (or the equivalent for xfs, ...; I am assuming that you have
> just one partition)? If you didn't, your root partition still has the
> same UUID and update-grub is picking it up correctly (in which case, I
> have no idea idea how you are booting up!).

You're perfectly right. Was looking at the wrong partition (I currently
have a mess of partitions on my drives, some of which are clones of
others ...). Now, after my usual cup of coffee, and with a clearer
grasp of things thanx to your comment, update-grub suddenly decided to
work perfectly again ;P

--
Regards,

Klistvud