From: simozack on
2010/2/1 Jason Filippou <jason.filippou(a)gmail.com>:

> I've installed kdepimlibs-dbg and this can be viewed here:

Maybe you need the development libraries (kdepimlibs-dev) not the
debug version...

HTH,
Simone

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 12:02 PM, simozack <simozack(a)yahoo.it> wrote:
> 2010/2/1 Jason Filippou <jason.filippou(a)gmail.com>:
>
>> I've installed kdepimlibs-dbg and this can be viewed here:
>
> Maybe you need the development libraries (kdepimlibs-dev) not the
> debug version...
>
> HTH,
> Simone

Hello Simone,

After installing kdepimlibs5-dev I reran the relevant command and got
new errors this time:

-- Could NOT find Sqlite (missing: SQLITE_INCLUDE_DIR
SQLITE_LIBRARIES)
-- Couldn't find Strigi streams and streamanalyzer libraries. Set the
environment variable STRIGI_HOME (or CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH if using CMake
>=2.6) to the strigi install dir. (missing: STRIGI_STREAMS_LIBRARY
STRIGI_STREAMANALYZER_LIBRARY STRIGI_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- Could NOT find QCA2 (missing: QCA2_LIBRARIES QCA2_INCLUDE_DIR)
-- No usable gpgme flavours found.
-- Could NOT find QGpgme (missing: QGPGME_LIBRARY QGPGME_INCLUDE_DIR
_QGPGME_EXTRA_LIBRARY)
-- Could NOT find TELEPATHY_QT4 (missing: TELEPATHY_QT4_LIBRARIES
TELEPATHY_QT4_INCLUDE_DIR)
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
(MESSAGE):
Could NOT find QImageBlitz (missing: QIMAGEBLITZ_INCLUDES
QIMAGEBLITZ_LIBRARIES)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
/usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindQImageBlitz.cmake:48
(find_package_handle_standard_args)
kopete/CMakeLists.txt:39 (FIND_PACKAGE)

Problem of course being I have sqlite in my system:

root(a)debian:~/kdenetwork-build# aptitude show sqlite
Package: sqlite
New: yes
State: installed
Automatically installed: no
Version: 2.8.17-6
SQLite is a C library that implements an SQL database engine.
Programs that link with the SQLite library can have SQL database
access without running a separate RDBMS process.

I also installed sqlite-doc but didn't get any success (obviously,
since that package is just documentation)

Jason

>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been following the steps outlined here
>>
>> http://kopete.kde.org/svnaccess.php
>>
>> To gain SVN access to kopete and I'm copying and pasting the commands
>> in the first box. I'm having trouble getting past the "cmake
>> ../kdenetwork" command, though. This is the error I'm getting:
>>
>> root(a)debian:~/kdenetwork-build# cmake ../kdenetwork
>> -- Found Qt-Version 4.5.3 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
>> -- Found X11: /usr/lib/libX11.so
>> -- Phonon Version: 4.3.1
>> -- Found KDE 4.3 include dir: /usr/include
>> -- Found KDE 4.3 library dir: /usr/lib
>> -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
>> -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
>> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
>> (MESSAGE):
>> Could NOT find KdepimLibs (missing: KdepimLibs_CONFIG)
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>> /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/FindKdepimLibs.cmake:76
>> (find_package_handle_standard_args)
>> CMakeLists.txt:31 (find_package)
>>

>> -- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
>>root(a)debian:~/kdenetwork-build#
>>
>> I've installed kdepimlibs-dbg.

>Why not install kopete from the repositories?
>
>--
>Chris.

Hi,

I'm not having trouble installing kopete or using it whatsoever. What
I'm trying to do is install this emoticon manager:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kopete+Emoticons+Manager?content=54968

Because I have numerous emoticons I'd like to add to kopete. However,
that page links me to the kopete SVN page I linked to earlier and it
requires me to follow the steps outlined before downloading the kopete
emoticons manager patch.

Try installing libsqlite3-dev and libsqlite0-dev.