From: Ilari Oras on
Hello,

I am using debian in my server. I got 2 ethernet ports, one for intra,
and another for ethernet.
Ethernet is using interface eth0 and intra is using eth1. I would like
to copy every settings in each start to eth0 from eth1, expect IP,
what I would like to have static.

Something extra and nice would be if iptables should keep FTP and SSH
open, everything else closed, expect from normal using (it got desktop
too). :)

Thanks,
Ilari Oras aka happosade

On Jo, 15 iul 10, 00:33:53, Ilari Oras wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using debian in my server. I got 2 ethernet ports, one for
> intra, and another for ethernet.
> Ethernet is using interface eth0 and intra is using eth1. I would
> like to copy every settings in each start to eth0 from eth1, expect
> IP, what I would like to have static.

Have a look at /etc/network/interfaces and 'man interfaces'.

> Something extra and nice would be if iptables should keep FTP and
> SSH open, everything else closed, expect from normal using (it got
> desktop too). :)

I'm not exactly sure you understand the meaning of 'closed' in the
context of firewalls, but you might want to have a look at some firewall
builder tools, there are lots of them in Debian

Regards,
Andrei