From: Celejar on
Anyone have dial-up-networking over bluetooth working on Sid? This used to
work for me, following (more or less) these directions:

http://www.newt.com/debian/treo650.html

I'm not sure when the last time I did this successfully, but it's no
longer working. syslog shows this:

Jul 8 21:07:56 localhost dund[17672]: Bluetooth DUN daemon version 4.66
Jul 8 21:07:59 localhost bluetoothd[15478]: link_key_request (sba=00:19:86:00:2C:40, dba=00:07:E0:E7:25:6E)
Jul 8 21:07:59 localhost bluetoothd[15478]: DUN client disconnected while waiting for authorization

And the connection attempt eventually times out.

*Why* is the bluetooth stuff so badly documented?

Celejar

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 21:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> Anyone have dial-up-networking over bluetooth working on Sid?
<snip>

In Squeeze, I use the GUI option of blueman and networkmanager, which
'just works' for me.

1. Pair phone (first time only).
2. In blueman, select the phone and then the menu option
Device > Serial Ports > Dial-up Networking

Network manager sees this as a new network interface, which it adds to
its menu list and connects automatically.

--
Tixy () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
/\ Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:47:17 +0100
Tixy <debianuser(a)tixy.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 21:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > Anyone have dial-up-networking over bluetooth working on Sid?
> <snip>
>
> In Squeeze, I use the GUI option of blueman and networkmanager, which
> 'just works' for me.
>
> 1. Pair phone (first time only).
> 2. In blueman, select the phone and then the menu option
> Device > Serial Ports > Dial-up Networking
>
> Network manager sees this as a new network interface, which it adds to
> its menu list and connects automatically.

Okay, thanks. I don't use NM, and I've been using bluetooth-applet.
I'll give blueman a chance when I get a chance.

Celejar

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:47:17 +0100
Tixy <debianuser(a)tixy.myzen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 21:19 -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > Anyone have dial-up-networking over bluetooth working on Sid?
> <snip>
>
> In Squeeze, I use the GUI option of blueman and networkmanager, which
> 'just works' for me.
>
> 1. Pair phone (first time only).
> 2. In blueman, select the phone and then the menu option
> Device > Serial Ports > Dial-up Networking
>
> Network manager sees this as a new network interface, which it adds to
> its menu list and connects automatically.

I tried blueman, but I get the same problem. There seems to be
something wrong with bluetoothd / dund on my system. Thanks anyway;
I've filed a bug:

Celejar