From: Arthur Machlas on
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Merciadri Luca
<Luca.Merciadri(a)student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installating Debian Lenny on an old P2 350 Mhz to make a server.
> <SNIP>
> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
> anything with the parameters, and this is not at all my first Debian
> install. I don't understand why this happens.

Can't recall exactly where you can switch to the output, but hit
Ctrl+Alt+F1, F2, F3, F4 to see what's going on. I think it's on F4.
Best,
AM

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:00 PM, Merciadri Luca <
Luca.Merciadri(a)student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:

> I tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
> anything with the parameters, and this is not at all my first Debian
> install. I don't understand why this happens.

What stage is it on when it stalls, i.e. is it trying to download from a
certain server, partitioning, etc.? I only install off CD or DVD so I'm not
familiar with the netinst. I will say the last time I had trouble like
that, I chose a different ftp mirror from outside my country and it worked.
You might have already tried that though.