From: Merciadri Luca on
Andrew Reid wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 17:00:15 Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm installating Debian Lenny on an old P2 350 Mhz to make a server. The
>> BIOS has been flashed to get the most up-to-date configuration with this
>> really racing beast. This P2 had, before, RH, that I deinstalled. I
>> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
>> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
>> anything with the parameters, and this is not at all my first Debian
>> install. I don't understand why this happens.
>>

> Is it stalled at the "downloading packages" step of an older
> netinst CD?
>
> I had something similar happen a while ago, the solution was to
> use a more recent netinst CD, which I was able to try because
> I happened to have one handy.
>
> Never did understand it, but the symptoms were similar.

I'd like it to be so. But I don't think that this is the same situation,
because it seems to have already downloaded the necessary stuff.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at
the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. (Mary Anne Radmacher)

From: Wolodja Wentland on
On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 23:00 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess

Most likely caused by an out-of-date archive key on your installation
media. There are several ways to deal with that problem:

* Boot with "linux debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated=true"
* Use up-to-date installation media
* Add the key manually within busybox, by switching to a shell,
chrooting into /target, killing aptitude and adding the latest key
and installing whatever you like

I guess that the second option is the best ...

good luck

Wolodja
--
.''`. Wolodja Wentland <wentland(a)cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
: :' :
From: Merciadri Luca on
Wolodja Wentland wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 23:00 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> tried a first Debian install, which stalled at 5%. I then re-tried, and
>> here I am: stuck at 5% for a long time (~3 hours). I did not mess
>>

> Most likely caused by an out-of-date archive key on your installation
> media. There are several ways to deal with that problem:
>
> * Boot with "linux debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated=true"
> * Use up-to-date installation media
> * Add the key manually within busybox, by switching to a shell,
> chrooting into /target, killing aptitude and adding the latest key
> and installing whatever you like
>
> I guess that the second option is the best ...

I'll try. Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.