From: Vincent Lefevre on
Hi,

I'm trying to disable Emulate3Buttons for the touchpad of my
DELL Latitude E6400 under Debian/unstable. FYI:

xvii:~> grep -i 'touchpad' /proc/bus/input/devices
N: Name="AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad"

After searching with Google, I've tried to modified the xorg.conf
file, the HAL policy, and the udev rules, without any success.
Modifying xorg.conf seems definitely an incorrect method as udev
is used and the settings occur before udev enables the touchpad.

I tried to add a file /etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-synaptics.fdi

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
<device>
<match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.touchpad">
<merge key="input.x11_options.Emulate3Buttons" type="string">no</merge>
</match>
</device>
</deviceinfo>

with no effect after restarting hald and the X server.

Then I tried to add a file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-xorg-synaptics.rules

ENV{ID_INPUT_TOUCHPAD}=="?*", ENV{x11_options.Emulate3Buttons}="false"

still with no effect after restarting udev and the X server.

I've attached the X log.

Any idea?

--
Vincent Lef�vre <vincent(a)vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Ar�naire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)

Pages: 1
Prev: Come join me on iklanX
Next: grub savedefault?