From: Roger Leigh on
Hi all,

I have an ATI Radeon HD4850 graphics card with two DVI outputs, and I
recently got a second monitor. While both monitors are detected, I'm
having trouble getting a twin screen setup working without extra
tweaking after X starts up.

I've attached the output of "xrandr -q" and my xorg.conf. With this
setup (or no xorg.conf at all) both monitors run in clone mode at the
lowest common denominator resolution. But, on running

xrandr --output DVI-0 --left-of DVI-1

I get a desktop spread over the two monitors correctly. I'm sure this
is something trivial missing from xorg.conf (do both monitors need to
go into the screen section?). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Roger

--
.''`. Roger Leigh