From: Zachary Uram on
Anyone know when emacs24 will be in Debian squeeze? The latest they
have is emacs23 :(

Zach

<>< http://www.fidei.org ><>

On Sun, Mar 07, 2010 at 05:51:00PM -0500, Zachary Uram wrote:
> Anyone know when emacs24 will be in Debian squeeze? The latest they
> have is emacs23 :(

Emacs 23.1 is the current release and it is in squeeze. A slightly higher
version of 23.1 is in sid.

http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

On 3/7/2010 4:51 PM, Zachary Uram wrote:
> Anyone know when emacs24 will be in Debian squeeze? The latest they
> have is emacs23 :(

What is so desirable about v.24?

Mark Allums
(a confirmed vi man)

> Anyone know when emacs24 will be in Debian squeeze? The latest they
> have is emacs23 :(

Yes, it's a real shame. We're also still waiting for Debian to put
Emacs-24 in unstable at least, so we can grab the source and release it.
But we've been waiting for so long that we're losing hope. We may end
up having to write the code ourselves :-(

Stefan "Emacs maintainer"

* 2010-03-08 00:33 (-0500), Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Yes, it's a real shame. We're also still waiting for Debian to put
> Emacs-24 in unstable at least, so we can grab the source and release
> it. But we've been waiting for so long that we're losing hope. We may
> end up having to write the code ourselves :-(

> Stefan "Emacs maintainer"

:-)

I think you guys are doing it well! Thanks for all the work, and by the
way, my self-compiled Emacs 23.1.93 (pretest) works fine in my Debian
Lenny system.