From: Debian TR on
Hi,

Evolution crashes after specific things, such as marking multiple emails
as read, clicking "send" button, etc. (After I've checked my Evolution
version from "About" and clicked "OK" to close the box, it again
crashed)

When I ran Evolution from terminal, it gives "segmentation fault".
Evolution version is 2.30.2-1
MY Debian is Squeeze x64
Kernel 2.6.32-5

Trying to upgrade Evolution from sid also didn't help.

Is someone experiencing the same problem?
Any suggestions?

Btw. I googled it, however couldn't find anything useful, maybe I missed
something or used wrong keywords...

Thank You

On Wed, 07 Jul 2010 13:17:24 +0200
Debian TR <debiantr.wordpress(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Evolution crashes after specific things, such as marking multiple emails
> as read, clicking "send" button, etc. (After I've checked my Evolution
> version from "About" and clicked "OK" to close the box, it again
> crashed)
>
> When I ran Evolution from terminal, it gives "segmentation fault".
> Evolution version is 2.30.2-1
> MY Debian is Squeeze x64
> Kernel 2.6.32-5
>
> Trying to upgrade Evolution from sid also didn't help.
>
> Is someone experiencing the same problem?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Btw. I googled it, however couldn't find anything useful, maybe I missed
> something or used wrong keywords...
>
> Thank You

Use reportbug to report the issue and follow any
advice you might get in order to help solving your
problem.

--
Rares Aioanei <debian.dev.list(a)gmail.com>

Debian TR wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Evolution crashes after specific things, such as marking multiple emails
> as read, clicking "send" button, etc. (After I've checked my Evolution
> version from "About" and clicked "OK" to close the box, it again
> crashed)
>
> When I ran Evolution from terminal, it gives "segmentation fault".
> Evolution version is 2.30.2-1
> MY Debian is Squeeze x64
> Kernel 2.6.32-5
>
> Trying to upgrade Evolution from sid also didn't help.
>
> Is someone experiencing the same problem?
> Any suggestions?
>
> Btw. I googled it, however couldn't find anything useful, maybe I missed
> something or used wrong keywords...
>
> Thank You

I've been using evolution in lenny wit hexchange for the past 4 years. It is
crashing, but I found a workaround and learned how to prevent it.

I've tested also the sid version and I had some troubles with it, but as a
hole it seem to be better then the 2.22 version I am using at the moment

LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8 CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=5 CAMEL_DEBUG=4
evolution --debug /tmp/evolution.dbg

I'm using this command to run evolution and checking the debug file I know
if I have to restart (--force-shutdown)

another idea is to join the evolution mailing list

regards