From: JW Foster on
Evony Age II does lot load on Iceweasel. It stalls at 27% every time.
when I first started playing there was no issue. However when I tried to
use the Facebook connect (which did not work) it started freezing the
fine on a Windows box.
Thanks!
John

On 5/26/2010 8:22 AM, JW Foster wrote:
> Evony Age II does lot load on Iceweasel. It stalls at 27% every time.
> when I first started playing there was no issue. However when I tried to
> use the Facebook connect (which did not work) it started freezing the
> fine on a Windows box.
> Thanks!
> John

Are you using Gnash or Flash? If Gnash (or other), try Flash. Its
installer package is in non-free. Also, if you are running Flash, check
to see if it is up-to-date. You may have to purge the package (Complete
Removal) and then install it again. (And don't forget to restart your
browser.)

Also, I have better luck with Chrome browser than Iceweasel.

MAA

You realize Evony is run by a bunch of lowlifes?

On 5/26/2010 8:22 AM, JW Foster wrote:
> Evony Age II does lot load on Iceweasel. It stalls at 27% every time.
> when I first started playing there was no issue. However when I tried to
> use the Facebook connect (which did not work) it started freezing the
> fine on a Windows box.
> Thanks!
> John

Are you using Gnash or Flash? If Gnash (or other), try Flash. Its
installer package is in non-free. Also, if you are running Flash, check
to see if it is up-to-date. You may have to purge the package (Complete
Removal) and then install it again. (And don't forget to restart your
browser.)
---------------
I'll give this a try.
Thanks

Also, I have better luck with Chrome browser than Iceweasel.
-------------
Chrome from Google or Chromium from sid?

MAA

You realize Evony is run by a bunch of lowlifes?
----------------------- Worse than lowlifes, everything indicates that
they are outright scumm. It's still a cool game & I never pay them a
dime. That's why I don't use them on a Windows box...They cant get into
my system using Linux. I would clearly like to devise a similar game
for Linux users & the best way is to duplicate a successful one with
upgrades.

--
John Foster

On 5/27/2010 7:38 AM, John W Foster wrote:
> [...]

I had some more ideas, but they have fled since I wrote that.

> Also, I have better luck with Chrome browser than Iceweasel.
> -------------
> Chrome from Google or Chromium from sid?

Well, I installed Google Chrome before the chromium project started, and
it is what I use. It works well, though, of course, some web sites make
things very difficult by relying on IE6 and Windows behavior, but that
is improving.

I would try (in your situation) chromium if I had a Sid system.
However, chromium is in a beta state, and Google just released Chrome
5.0 Stable for Linux. So, I guess, I would pick either one.

Good luck.

Pages: 1
Prev: LVM name warnings on bootup
Next: Chomium in Sid