From: datasecurity bibomaria on
Hi !

it's a general problem with outlook express, when we send mail to some one it generate an error. few days before i have faced such problem. i used a software to remove such issue in outlook. i found such software at:: www.edbrepairtool.com

Adam wrote:

Exchange Server Reported Error 0x8004011d
21-Oct-07

Hi

Have a SBS 2003 running with 6 Workstations, outlook 2003 on one of the
systems won't connect to the server and returns the error Exchange Server
Reported Error 0x8004011d

All the other systems run fine, I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 on this
system, but with no joy, can any one help

On Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:33 PM
Adam wrote:

Exchange Server Reported Error 0x8004011d
Hi

Have a SBS 2003 running with 6 Workstations, outlook 2003 on one of the
systems won't connect to the server and returns the error Exchange Server
Reported Error 0x8004011d

All the other systems run fine, I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 on this
system, but with no joy, can any one help

On Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:27 PM
Claus wrote:

Did you join the computer via "connectcomputer"? Is the box set to DHCP?
Did you join the computer via "connectcomputer"? Is the box set to DHCP? Did
you check that it gets a proper IP configuration? Can you ping the server by
name?

--
Claus

On Monday, October 22, 2007 4:20 AM
Adam wrote:

HI,I can ping the server name, gets a reply 4 times as it should.
HI,

I can ping the server name, gets a reply 4 times as it should.

I'm not using DHCP, other workstations on the network all have static IP
addresses and are working fine.

Look forward to your reply.

"Claus" wrote:

On Monday, October 22, 2007 6:52 AM
Jason Miller [SBS-MVP] wrote:

Hi AdamThe other question Claus had for you related to how the workstation in
Hi Adam

The other question Claus had for you related to how the workstation in
question was joined to your SBS domain - via "connectcomputer"?

Have your tried to manually recreate your Exchange Mail Profile (control
panel | mail | show profiles)? Delete what's there (it's not working
anyway), and recreate using the Exchange environment variables for your
network. This might get you back on track without the error you're
currently seeing.

I hope that helps,

Jason

"Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, October 22, 2007 7:07 AM
Adam wrote:

Hi Jason,Yes sorry conect the system to the network using connectcomputer,
Hi Jason,

Yes sorry conect the system to the network using connectcomputer, system has
been working for around 6 months, then just stopped working, I have deleted
the exchange details in control panel --> mail, no joy.

"Jason Miller [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, October 22, 2007 10:15 AM
Jason Miller [SBS-MVP] wrote:

If you can rule out Exchange as the culprit (if the user's mailbox works on
If you can rule out Exchange as the culprit (if the user's mailbox works on
other systems), then maybe taking the question to an Outlook group will
yield better information and recommendations. It sounds application and
client-side specific to me, but I'm not certain.

Wish I could be of more help,

Jason

"Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Monday, October 22, 2007 10:28 AM
Adam wrote:

Hi Jason,Thanks for all your help, I don't think it's an exchange issue, the
Hi Jason,

Thanks for all your help, I don't think it's an exchange issue, the same
system no longer opens up the internel website (http://companyweb) I am going
to take the system off the network and rejoin the network, I will let you
know how it goes.

"Jason Miller [SBS-MVP]" wrote:

On Monday, October 22, 2007 10:50 AM
Claus wrote:

Adam,If the user can log into OWA and see his/her mail there it is most likely
Adam,

If the user can log into OWA and see his/her mail there it is most likely
not an Exchange issue.

It's a good idea to remove the box from the domain and rejoin it. Before
rejoining I would also delete the user's profile on the computer. Make sure
you backup any files that the user might have under his profile and use
"ConnectComputer" to rejoin.

--
Claus
"Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, October 24, 2007 1:09 AM
v-robel wrote:

Hi,Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.
Hi,

Thanks for posting in our newsgroup.

From your description, I know that when you try to make synchronization
with Exchange server, you get error message: "Exchange Server Reported
Error 0x8004011d" in Outlook 2003, if that's not right, please don't
hesitate to let me know.

Based on my research for this issue, please take the following steps to see
if the problem can be resolved.

Step 1: Please make a clean boot to make sure the problem is not caused
third party software:

1. Click Start->Run...->type msconfig and press Enter.
2. Click Services tab and select Hide All Microsoft Services and Disable
All third party Services.
3. Click Startup tab and Disable All startup items.
4. Click OK and choose Restart.
5. After reboot, check whether the problem still occurs.
6. If there are no more problems, please use the above steps to enable
services and startup items one by one in order to figure out the root cause
of this issue.

Step 2: The problem may be caused by corrupt Outlook profile, please create
a new profile and try again.

More info:

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829918

Step 3: I had a same problem and was resolved by applying the latest Office
2003 Services Pack, so a suggestion is to install the latest Outlook
updates.

More info:

Office 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57e27a97-2db6-4654-
9db6-ec7d5b4dd867&DisplayLang=en

If the problem persists, please help me collect the following information
for deep research:

1. Ask the problematic user logon OWA, can he send or receive e-mails
Exchange successfully?

2. Please use another good account to logon your computer and see if we can
send/receive successfully.

3. I would also suggest that we ping the Exchange server from the
problematic client's computer. Use IP address, the FQDN and the NetBIOS
name, can these tests be successfully?

ping Server-IP-address (e.g. ping 10.10.10.1)
ping Server-NETBIOS-name (e.g. ping servername)
ping Server-FQDN-name (e.g. ping servername.domain.com)

4. Please capture a screenshot of the exact error message and send the file
to me for further analysis.

Please send the information to v-robeli(a)microsoft.com with subject:
40826472-Exchange Server Reported Error 0x8004011d.

I am looking forward to hear from you. If you need further assistance,
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbSBC?= <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: Exchange Server Reported Error 0x8004011d
<Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 15:33:00 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
<Hi
<
<Have a SBS 2003 running with 6 Workstations, outlook 2003 on one of the
<systems won't connect to the server and returns the error Exchange Server
<Reported Error 0x8004011d
<
<All the other systems run fine, I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 on this
<system, but with no joy, can any one help
<

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:10 AM
v-robel wrote:

Hi Adam,If you want to disjoin the computer from domain, then rejoin it to the
Hi Adam,

If you want to disjoin the computer from domain, then rejoin it to the
domain, you can take the following step to keep the older user profile:

Step 1: Create user account:

1. Disjoin the computer from domain.
2. Create the computer account by running the Add Computer Wizard.
3. Save the domain user profile.

1) Create additional local administrator account for the profile migration.
Then log on as second local administrator.
2) In Windows Explorer, click Tools, click Folder Options, click the View
tab, click Show hidden files and folders, click to clear the Hide protected
operating system files check box, and then click OK.
3) Locate the C:\Documents and Settings\Domain User folder.
4) Copy all the contents in this folder.
5) Please plaster to C:\Documents and Settings\Username(original local
administrator) folder
6) Log off.

Step 2: Login with the local administrator (original) account to verify if
the local admin account comes up with the domain user profile.

Step 3: Run ConnectComputer wizard and migrate the local user profile
(Local Admin) to the new domain. it will then allow you to map domain user
accounts to local profiles on the machine thus preserving your profiles:
'Assign Users to this Computes and Migrate their Profiles'.

When you logon the machine, please double click
\\sbsserver\clients\setup\sbsdefault.prf file. The Outlook profile will be
created automatically. Then try again.

Help this helps.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbSBC?= <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Subject: Re: Exchange Server Reported Error 0x8004011d
<Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:28:12 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
<Hi Jason,
<
<"Jason Miller [SBS-MVP]" wrote:
<
<> If you can rule out Exchange as the culprit (if the user's mailbox works
on
<> other systems), then maybe taking the question to an Outlook group will
<> yield better information and recommendations. It sounds application and
<> client-side specific to me, but I'm not certain.
<>
<> Wish I could be of more help,
<>
<> Jason
<>
<>
<>
<> "Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
<> news:B90B2EDD-7E33-476D-A49C-46873CB38469(a)microsoft.com...
<> > Hi Jason,
<> >
<> > Yes sorry conect the system to the network using connectcomputer,
system
<> > has
<> > been working for around 6 months, then just stopped working, I have
<> > deleted
<> > the exchange details in control panel --> mail, no joy.
<> >
<> >
<> >
<> > "Jason Miller [SBS-MVP]" wrote:
<> >
<> >> Hi Adam
<> >>
[...]
<> >> > HI,
<> >> >
<> >> > I can ping the server name, gets a reply 4 times as it should.
<> >> >
<> >> > I'm not using DHCP, other workstations on the network all have
static
<> >> > IP
<> >> > addresses and are working fine.
<> >> >
<> >> > Look forward to your reply.
<> >> >
<> >> > "Claus" wrote:
<> >> >
<> >> >> Did you join the computer via "connectcomputer"? Is the box set to
<> >> >> DHCP?
<> >> >> Did
<> >> >> you check that it gets a proper IP configuration? Can you ping the
<> >> >> server
<> >> >> by
<> >> >> name?
<> >> >>
<> >> >> --
<> >> >> Claus
<> >> >> "Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
<> >> >> news:B8288EDD-ED07-45FB-917C-F9D7524A8E38(a)microsoft.com...
<> >> >> > Hi
<> >> >> >
<> >> >> > Have a SBS 2003 running with 6 Workstations, outlook 2003 on one
of
<> >> >> > the
<> >> >> > systems won't connect to the server and returns the error
Exchange
<> >> >> > Server
<> >> >> > Reported Error 0x8004011d
<> >> >> >
<> >> >> > All the other systems run fine, I have reinstalled Outlook 2003
on
<> >> >> > this
<> >> >> > system, but with no joy, can any one help
<> >> >>
<> >> >>
<> >> >>
<

On Friday, October 26, 2007 7:53 AM
v-robel wrote:

Hi Adam,When you ping FQDN of the server, what the result?
Hi Adam,

When you ping FQDN of the server, what the result?

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Best regards,

Robert Li(MSFT)

Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support

You can locate the newsgroup here:

issue.

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?QWRhbSBC?= <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
<Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 01:20:18 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs
<
<HI,
<
<"Claus" wrote:
<
<> Did you join the computer via "connectcomputer"? Is the box set to DHCP?
Did
<> you check that it gets a proper IP configuration? Can you ping the
server by
<> name?
<>
<> --
<> Claus
<> "Adam B" <AdamB(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
<> news:B8288EDD-ED07-45FB-917C-F9D7524A8E38(a)microsoft.com...
<> > Hi
<> >
<> > Have a SBS 2003 running with 6 Workstations, outlook 2003 on one of the
<> > systems won't connect to the server and returns the error Exchange
Server
<> > Reported Error 0x8004011d
<> >
<> > All the other systems run fine, I have reinstalled Outlook 2003 on this
<> > system, but with no joy, can any one help
<>
<>
<>
<

Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a119aebe-7478-4aaa-b415-12786ec5cf90/composite-ui-pattern-and-rad-development-for-data-entry-applications-part-1.aspx