From: T o n g on
Hi,

Recently, I experience click-problems for web flashes. For example, in
this flash,

http://www.hs101.ca/final_low/start.htm

Clicking on the "Next" or "Back" barely work -- one click is no good, I
have to continuously clicking until eventually somehow one get through,
that's normally after 15 clicks already.

$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel:
Installed: 3.5.8-1
Candidate: 3.5.8-1
Version table:
*** 3.5.8-1 0
300 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca testing/main Packages
50 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca unstable/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

$ apt-cache policy flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree:
Installed: 1:2.8
Candidate: 1:2.8
Version table:
*** 1:2.8 0
300 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca testing/contrib Packages
50 http://debian.mirror.rafal.ca unstable/contrib Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I tried iceape (freshly installed, never customized), but the problem
remains.

Could anyone try above url and tell me if it works for you please?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:04:08 +0000, T o n g wrote:

> Recently, I experience click-problems for web flashes. For example, in
> this flash,
>
> http://www.hs101.ca/final_low/start.htm
>
> Clicking on the "Next" or "Back" barely work -- one click is no good, I
> have to continuously clicking until eventually somehow one get through,
> that's normally after 15 clicks already.

(...)

> I tried iceape (freshly installed, never customized), but the problem
> remains.
>
> Could anyone try above url and tell me if it works for you please?

It works fine here.

I am using Iceweasel 3.0.6 and Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 downloaded
from Adobe site.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On 2010-03-28 11:10, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 16:04:08 +0000, T o n g wrote:
>
>> Recently, I experience click-problems for web flashes. For example, in
>> this flash,
>>
>> http://www.hs101.ca/final_low/start.htm
>>
>> Clicking on the "Next" or "Back" barely work -- one click is no good, I
>> have to continuously clicking until eventually somehow one get through,
>> that's normally after 15 clicks already.
>
> (...)
>
>> I tried iceape (freshly installed, never customized), but the problem
>> remains.
>>
>> Could anyone try above url and tell me if it works for you please?
>
> It works fine here.
>
> I am using Iceweasel 3.0.6 and Adobe Flash Player 10.0.45.2 downloaded
> from Adobe site.

Same with me. Note, though, which flash player I use. *Not*
flashplugin-nonfree.

$ apt-cache policy flashplayer-mozilla
flashplayer-mozilla:
Installed: 1:10.0.45.2-0.0
Candidate: 1:10.0.45.2-0.0
Version table:
*** 1:10.0.45.2-0.0 0
500 http://www.debian-multimedia.org unstable/non-free Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

--
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak
or the timid." Dwight Eisenhower

T o n g <mlist4suntong(a)yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Recently, I experience click-problems for web flashes. For example, in
> this flash,
>
> http://www.hs101.ca/final_low/start.htm

More info:

Try to set variable GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1

in ~/.zprofile, ~/.bash_profile, etc., or run Iceweasel with:

GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1 iceweasel

On Sunday 28 March 2010 17:04:08 T o n g wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I experience click-problems for web flashes. For example, in
> this flash,
>
> http://www.hs101.ca/final_low/start.htm
[snip]
> Could anyone try above url and tell me if it works for you please?

Works (painfully!) fine here in both Konqueror and Iceweasel:

lisi(a)Tux:~$ apt-cache policy flashplugin-nonfree
flashplugin-nonfree:
Installed: 1:2.5~bpo50+1
Candidate: 1:2.5~bpo50+1
Version table:
*** 1:2.5~bpo50+1 0
1 http://www.backports.org lenny-backports/contrib Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
lisi(a)Tux:~$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel:
Installed: 3.0.6-3
Candidate: 3.0.6-3
Version table:
3.5.8-1~bpo50+2 0
1 http://www.backports.org lenny-backports/main Packages
*** 3.0.6-3 0
500 http://mirror.ox.ac.uk lenny/main Packages
500 http://security.debian.org lenny/updates/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
lisi(a)Tux:~$ apt-cache policy iceweasel
iceweasel:
Installed: 3.0.6-3
Candidate: 3.0.6-3
Version table: