|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
iptables rule not working as expected
I feel we have a fairly restrictive firewall in place, but my attempts to allow DHCP from a range of IP addresses seem to fail. Using a simple script I wrote, we see: Resolved_Address Packets Bytes Protocol(s) Dest.Port(s) .... 148.78.249.200 3 560 UDP 54366 Totals 4 0.7KB f... 13 Aug 2010 16:51
ip address to world location mapping tool?
Does anyone know of a tool that could graphically map the "registered" location of a group of IP addresses or their resolved names? I can extract the unique addresses from a various logfiles and would like to be able to plot those locations on a world map for presentation purposes. One supposes some recursion ... 13 Aug 2010 15:45
Resources utilization
I have a Linux box that I occasionally use for backing up my DVDs. I have noticed that for some DVDs the system load shoots up to 5 or even higher, while the back-up process in place. The system becomes sluggish at that point, some applications taking many seconds to launch. However, the top command does not r... 13 Aug 2010 15:45
http_post_fields() PHP package?
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 22:46:52 +0000, Greg Russell wrote in 8cgnibFf2tU1(a)mid.individual.net : I'm wondering if someone would tell me please in what Ubuntu package will I find the http_post_fields() PHP function? The web service with PHP is working fine with the sole exception of that missing function. ... 11 Aug 2010 22:28
per process io stat
Hello, is there a command that shows what application is reading/writing how much data to disk ? Something like iostat but per process. Thanks Andreas ... 13 Aug 2010 19:03
ps lists user as uid instead of username
I'm confused by my "ps aux" output. The owners of most processes are listed by name (as is typical). e.g. foouser 20644 0.0 0.0 90116 1924 ? S 21:49 0:00 sshd: foouser(a)pts/7 But there's one user who's always listed by her uid (512 in this case): 512 17068 0.0 0.0 90116 1876 ? ... 11 Aug 2010 16:55
Wanted window restore feature in nautilus
Hi all, suppose an Ubuntu or Linux user is using GNOME and he/she has opened too many folders , suddenly he/she has to shutdown/ switch off machine due to power failure or some other unexpected reasons , now when he/ she reboots the machine he/she can't remember the folders he/she had opened earlier so there sho... 13 Aug 2010 04:53
alternate data stream
Hi all, On NTFS there is a nice but mostly unused feature called "Alternate Data Streams" (ADS) my question is whether any File system on Linux support this feature ? ... 11 Aug 2010 10:20
NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 10 August 2010 Lisp NYC Eating and Drinking
Confusing bash behaviour
Hello, This is a solved problem for me, but I think people should be aware of this strange and confusing bash behaviour. for x in `command`; do command-list; done command | while read x; do command-list; done are not interchangeable. The problem arises if in the command-list there is a command which r... 10 Aug 2010 13:35
not able to mount rootfs with nfs using static ip
Hi, I have connected my omap3530 development board with the host machine providing static ip. I have got stuck while mounting the rootfs via nfs of the host m/c using static ip. Please find the bootargs I am passing as kernel argument serverip=192.168.1.2 ipaddr=192.168.1.4 netmask=255.255.255.0 bootcmd=tft... 9 Aug 2010 15:40
Is there any eblaster software for linux ..???
Hi all, The following arev the features of eblaster software , given here http://www.spector.com Automatically forwards you an EXACT COPY of their Chats, Instant Messages and Emails. eBlaster is the ONLY software in the world that will capture their incoming and outgoing email, chats and instant messages - ... 9 Aug 2010 14:33
desktop clock
I like xdaliclock, but it has an annoying feature. It displays confirmation dialog when the close button is pushed. It also displays the same dialog when X session is being closed. I tried dclock, but it has the same annoying features. Is there any option, resource or something to make them terminate without d... 9 Aug 2010 14:33
NYC LOCAL: Monday 9 August 2010 MLP and ISOC-NY: David Solomonoff on Taking Back the Edge: Freedom and the Internet Model
Loss of configurability and functionality in latest GNOME and KDEsoftware
On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:16:46 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb wrote: I don't know, but my guess is that eye candy and first impressions sell Undoubtedly the case. Show anybody new to computing or a Windoze refugee a series of screenshots of different GNU/Linux distributions in standard default mode, and whether or n... 8 Aug 2010 12:18
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11