From: Ravi Sista on
Does it work? In the Gramps website, I see mention of it working against
Sid/Squeeze but nothing about Lenny. I'd appreciate if someone who made
this work in Lenny throw some light (what version/how to install i.e.
download *.deb or through Synaptic etc.). Thanks.

Ravi
From: Julio on
El mar, 20-04-2010 a las 11:42 -0400, Ravi Sista escribió:
> Does it work? In the Gramps website, I see mention of it working
> against Sid/Squeeze but nothing about Lenny.

Yes, it works.

~$ cat /etc/debian_version
5.0.4

$ dpkg -l gramps
ii gramps 3.0.1-1
Genealogical Research and Analysis Management Program

JulHer

From: Johan Grönqvist on
2010-04-20 17:42, Ravi Sista skrev:
> Does it work? In the Gramps website, I see mention of it working
> against Sid/Squeeze but nothing about Lenny.

That text refers to the latest version of gramps, and lenny provides an
older version. I added a sentence to the documentation at
<http://www.gramps-project.org/wiki/index.php?title=Installation#Debian>.

Would this new version of the documentation have answered your question?

/ johan

Ravi Sista wrote:
> Does it work? In the Gramps website, I see mention of it working
> against Sid/Squeeze but nothing about Lenny. I'd appreciate if someone
> who made this work in Lenny throw some light (what version/how to
> install i.e. download *.deb or through Synaptic etc.). Thanks.
>
> Ravi

Gramps is a great package. Have been using it for about three years
since Etch. The Gramps group is very active, so it changes quickly.
But would recommend staying with the stable package.
If you are going to use gramps, contact me off line. I can offer a
few little tips and show you some results.

Pages: 1
Prev: How does snapshot.debian.org work?
Next: Logwatch