From: pch0317 on
Hi :)

I install new server with Debian stable (base system only with ssh and
bind).
I scan port with:
nmap -sS -sU -T4 -A -v -PE newserver
and get that few port with number 40000 and higher are open|filtered.
When I scan newserver again I get other few udp port open (differnt
number of port).

When I use lsof -i or netstat in this newserver I get only named and
sshd work in 22 and 53 TCP and UDP port and exim work on localhost 25
port. No high open udp port are discovered.

Why nmap show this temporarily open high port.
What can I do?

On Mi, 14 iul 10, 21:47:57, pch0317 wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> I install new server with Debian stable (base system only with ssh
> and bind).
> I scan port with:
> nmap -sS -sU -T4 -A -v -PE newserver
> and get that few port with number 40000 and higher are open|filtered.
> When I scan newserver again I get other few udp port open (differnt
> number of port).
>
> When I use lsof -i or netstat in this newserver I get only named and
> sshd work in 22 and 53 TCP and UDP port and exim work on localhost
> 25 port. No high open udp port are discovered.
>
> Why nmap show this temporarily open high port.
> What can I do?

Are you scanning from the same computer? Try scanning from a remote
host.

Regards,
Andrei