From: Pawel on
Hello again!

I have another question about F28335 DSP Chip. I wrote a program and I would like to know how much of CPU resources I am using (I can check memory usage, but I would like to know what is CPU usage - in percentages for example). Is it possible?

Best regards!
Pawel Blaszczyk
From: Antonin on
Go to the configuration parameters (on your model click Ctrl + E).
Go to the Embedded IDE link tab under Real-Time Workshop (or CCSlink tab depending on you Matlab version).
Check "Profile real-time execution".
Then generate code, dowload and run, in CCS.
Let it run for 5 secs or so and stop the execution in CCS.
Then go to the Matlab prompt and type:
profile(CCS_Obj, 'execution', 'report')

You should see a profiling report with execution time of the different loops of your system.

I encourage you to read the doc about the profiler.
There is also a good profiling demo that you can find in the Embedded IDE link demos under "Project Generator". You can also type directly on the Matlab prompt:
c2808profiler, double click on the Info block for instructions and replace the Target Preferences block with an F28335 target.

I hope it helps,
Good luck,

Antonin.

Pages: 1