From: Rodolfo Medina on
Here:

it is reported a bug in Lenny's gopchop package. On my system I have the
bugged version already installed. How can I replace it with a new debugged
version?

Excuse the basicness of my question and thanks for any help

Rodolfo

On Ma, 22 iun 10, 17:08:30, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Here:

> it is reported a bug in Lenny's gopchop package. On my system I have the
> bugged version already installed. How can I replace it with a new debugged
> version?

There are the usual options (install from testing, backport from
testing, ...), but in your case the fixed version is 1.1.7-8, while
stable has 1.1.7-7.

If you don't care for the newer version from testing I would suggest
downloading the binary version 1.1.7-8 from snapshot.debian.org and
install it with 'dpkg -i'. Of course, this assumes there are no
dependency problems (I didn't check).

Regards,
Andrei
On Tuesday 22 June 2010 10:08:30 Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Here:

> it is reported a bug in Lenny's gopchop package. On my system I have the
> bugged version already installed. How can I replace it with a new debugged
> version?

I generally don't recommend going outside the repository system, but for this
particular case, it may be easiest to just grab the .deb from the snapshot
service and install with dpkg.

My reason for not going outside the repository system is to continue getting
security updates. If this is a large concern with this package AND you must
have the newer version, I would consider a mixed system.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. ,= ,-_-. =.
bss(a)iguanasuicide.net ((_/)o o(\_))
From: Rodolfo Medina on

"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss(a)iguanasuicide.net> writes:

> I generally don't recommend going outside the repository system, but for this
> particular case, it may be easiest to just grab the .deb from the snapshot
> service and install with dpkg.

I did as you suggested: I installed via `dpkg -i' the version 1.1.7-8,
downloaded from snapshot.debian.org, and it seems all right.

Thanks to all who replied
Rodolfo

Pages: 1
Prev: JAVA installation