From: Dustin Cook on
"Joe" <joe(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in

> So, why isn't the production of malware a capital crime? I'd suggest
> hanging.

It's computer programming, how can you rate writing software as a capital
crime? That's just.. dumb.

--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the
From: Dustin Cook on
ASCII <me2(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4c22cb67.2203031(a)EDCBIC:

> Dustin Cook wrote:
>>"Joe" <joe(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in
>>
>>> So, why isn't the production of malware a capital crime? I'd suggest
>>> hanging.
>>
>>It's computer programming, how can you rate writing software as a
>>capital crime? That's just.. dumb.
>
> Maybe it depends on the action of such software?
> Like kids playing with chemicals sounds innocuous,
> unless it happens to be a bomb they're making.

Apples and Oranges, ASCII. A computer virus has yet to kill anyone, despite
rumours passed around in the mid 80s-early 90s that it could eventually do
so. Bombs on the other hand.. well, thats an entirely different story.