From: Merciadri Luca on
Hi,

I am using Icedove for some e-mails. If I click on a link in a message,
_most often_ Epiphany loads the page. Sometimes, Iceweasel loads the
page at the place of Epiphany. My default browser is set as `Iceweasel'
and Icedove should consequently always load Iceweasel, shouldn't it?

Why does it happen this way?

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

From: Aioanei Rares on
On 04/15/2010 04:17 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Icedove for some e-mails. If I click on a link in a message,
> _most often_ Epiphany loads the page. Sometimes, Iceweasel loads the
> page at the place of Epiphany. My default browser is set as `Iceweasel'
> and Icedove should consequently always load Iceweasel, shouldn't it?
>
> Why does it happen this way?
>
> Thanks.

You're using Gnome, right? Check system->preferences->preferred
applications (or something)

Aioanei Rares wrote:
> On 04/15/2010 04:17 PM, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> You're using Gnome, right? Check system->preferences->preferred
> applications (or something)

Yep. And that is what I wanted to mention in my OP: `Iceweasel' is set
as `Web Browser' and `Icedove' is set as `Mail Reader.'

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

From: Ron Johnson on
On 2010-04-15 08:17, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Icedove for some e-mails. If I click on a link in a message,
> _most often_ Epiphany loads the page. Sometimes, Iceweasel loads the
> page at the place of Epiphany. My default browser is set as `Iceweasel'
> and Icedove should consequently always load Iceweasel, shouldn't it?

DD's work hard at ensuring that selfish apps like Firefox and Tbird
play nice, but it doesn't always work.

> Why does it happen this way?

Step 1 is to see what x-www-browser points to:
$ update-alternatives --display x-www-browser

After that we look in the Iceweasel config editor.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?

Ron Johnson wrote:
> Step 1 is to see what x-www-browser points to:
> $ update-alternatives --display x-www-browser
>
> After that we look in the Iceweasel config editor.
Nice!

==
# update-alternatives --display x-www-browser
x-www-browser - status is auto.
link currently points to /usr/bin/epiphany-gecko
/usr/bin/epiphany-gecko - priority 85
slave x-www-browser.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/epiphany-browser.1.gz
/usr/bin/iceweasel - priority 70
slave x-www-browser.1.gz: /usr/share/man/man1/iceweasel.1.gz
Current `best' version is /usr/bin/epiphany-gecko.
==

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Love is not finding someone to live with; it's finding someone whom you
can't live without.