From: Merciadri Luca on
Hi,

I have noticed that my Iceweasel takes more and more time to close. When
closing it, I hear the HDD spinning, and some operations seem to be
done. It always close, but, even with ONE (normal webpage associated
with the) tab, it might take ~10 secs. to close (GNOME keeps then asking
me if I want to wait or end the process).

What can I do? I do not have memory-greedy plug-ins running.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Better late than never.

From: Merciadri Luca on
Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 08:48:21 +0000 (UTC)
> Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Camaleón,
>

>> To chek how big are your "sqlite" files. You may need to "purge" them.
>>

> Won't help if Luca is suffering from;
>
> (firefox-bin:2788): Gdk-WARNING **: XID collision, trouble ahead
>
> Being written repeatedly to .xsession-errors.

Where is this file? Neither in ~ nor in /etc/X11. According to the
output I sent some minutes ago, the other files need to be sufficiently
big to slow down that much my FF.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

Actions speak louder than words.

From: Merciadri Luca on
Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 11:06:31 +0200
> Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri(a)student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
>
> Hello Merciadri,
>

>> Where is this file? Neither in ~ nor in /etc/X11. According to the
>>

> Mine's in ~. IDK why you're not finding it. Unless you missed the
> leading point, making it a hidden file. I think that's unlikely, though.

I just found it. Well, it was in ~ but I had not found it some minutes
ago (don't ask me why). But

==
$ cat .xsession-errors | grep XID
==
gives nothing, and thus no problem for this. Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

From: Merciadri Luca on
Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 03, 2010 at 11:44:10AM +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Steven. What I meant by `non-negligible influence' is that I
>> executed the whole on my sqlite files, and that the FF process then
>> goes faster for starting & closing. Yes, I'm going to put this as a
>> cronjob.
>>

> You might find "Vacuum Places Improved"[1] of use. It cleans your
> databases every X starts, so its a bit more flexible than a cron job.
>
> [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/13878/

Nice! Thanks. :-)

--
Merciadri Luca