From: Stefan Monnier on
Is there some way to install Sugar in Debian testing?
I tried the "aptitude --with-recommends install sugar" but it basically
forces me to downgrade most of Gnome to stable.

Stefan

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 03:55:20PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> Is there some way to install Sugar in Debian testing?
> I tried the "aptitude --with-recommends install sugar" but it
> basically
> forces me to downgrade most of Gnome to stable.

Please see [1]. You probably want sucrose-0.86 for now; sucrose-0.88
still has a few problems [2,3] (the fixes got delayed by the recent
ries.debian.org outage).

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Sugar
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/576205
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/576270

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/
http://www.infra-silbe.de/
From: Stefan Monnier on
> Please see [1]. You probably want sucrose-0.86 for now; sucrose-0.88 still
> has a few problems [2,3] (the fixes got delayed by the recent
> ries.debian.org outage).

Thanks, sucrose-0.86 indeed seems to install properly.

Stefan