From: RyanJB on
Hi everyone,

I think I've just commited a mistake here. My wireless driver in my laptop is iwl3945, which is not available by default in a fresh lenny install.. But without it I can't connect to the net to install it.. Anyone know any workarounds?? Can I download the package from another computer and transfer it to my laptop?

Thanks,
RJB

On Sat,15.May.10, 11:21:06, RyanJB wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I think I've just commited a mistake here. My wireless driver in my
> laptop is iwl3945, which is not available by default in a fresh lenny
> install.. But without it I can't connect to the net to install it..
> Anyone know any workarounds?? Can I download the package from another
> computer and transfer it to my laptop?

Yes, you need the firmware-iwlwifi package:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/firmware-iwlwifi

Regards,
Andrei