From: Micha Feigin on
I'm trying to get some nice 3d text into beamer presentations for the title instead of the boring standard text.

Something like this hopefully:
http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~michf/example.jpg

Only solution I found is to use \write18 and some external tool to create an
image. I got convert to create text with shadow but I can't get the 3d effects.

Is there any other command line tool that can create an image with a 3d (bevel
+ shadow) effect or is there a way to get this out of convert?

I got closer using gimp with a bumpmap but I don't know how to get it to do
this in batch mode and I have to admit that it's effect is rather poor compared
to the one in the sample (created by powerpoint which I wish to avoid)

Thanks