From: Timbalyghe on
I have lost the top and bottom margins on new documents. I have tried
resetting using the Margins box and even though these have the correct values
in them, there are no top and bottom margins on the document. I must have
done something inadvertantly to overide the settings shown. Closing down and
restarting does not overcome the problem. How can I recover ?
--
Many Thanks

Timbalyghe
From: Jay Freedman on
See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: Tim Mastrogiacomo on
On Apr 22, 10:10 am, Timbalyghe <Timbaly...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have lost the top and bottom margins on new documents. I have tried
> resetting using the Margins box and even though these have the correct values
> in them, there are no top and bottom margins on the document. I must have
> done something inadvertantly to overide the settings shown. Closing down and
> restarting does not overcome the problem. How can I recover ?
> --
> Many Thanks
>
> Timbalyghe

Are you able to adjust your margins when you click View>Ruler?

Tim Mastrogiacomo
From: Doug Robbins - Word MVP on
Jay Freedman's response has been marked as an answer to the question.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

From: Twayne on
In news:4497c79f-736c-44b8-8c97-1ebe8c1d539a(a)12g2000yqi.googlegroups.com,
Tim Mastrogiacomo <tm1452(a)gmail.com> typed:
> On Apr 22, 10:10 am, Timbalyghe
> <Timbaly...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> I have lost the top and bottom margins on new documents. I
>> have tried resetting using the Margins box and even though
>> these have the correct values in them, there are no top
>> and bottom margins on the document. I must have done
>> something inadvertantly to overide the settings shown.
>> Closing down and restarting does not overcome the problem.
>> How can I recover ? --
>> Many Thanks
>>
>> Timbalyghe
>
> Are you able to adjust your margins when you click
> View>Ruler?
>

> Tim Mastrogiacomo

It sounds like the OP hid the spacing between pages. The fix is to put the
curson on the area where one page ends and the next begins (the narrow space
between them) and click there again. It's a toggle; click on, click off.

HTH,

Twayne`