From: James Stuckey on
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:06:08 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Camaleón wrote:
> >
> >> You could try running:
> >>
> >> xrandr --dpi 96
> >>
> >> Or if you have installed nvidia control panel application, IIRC you can
> >> also change it from there.
> >>
> > xrandr --dpi 96 or --dpi [any other value] doesn't change anything. I
> > don't see anything in nvidia-settings about DPI.
>
> Mmmm... how about specifying:
>
> Option "DPI" "96 x 96"
>
> Under your /etc/X11/Xorg.conf "Monitor" section?
>
> (make a backup copy of the original file before making any change)
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón
>

> I can't tell if that made a change or not. In either case, the fonts still
look like garbage/aren't easy to read. I should note, the fonts in what I'm
typing right now (gmail) aren't bad -- it's the fonts on the menu bar in
iceweasel/icedove/whatever program.
From: Camaleón on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:20:36 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 10:15 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Option "DPI" "96 x 96"
>>
>> Under your /etc/X11/Xorg.conf "Monitor" section?
>>
>> (make a backup copy of the original file before making any change)
>>
>> I can't tell if that made a change or not. In either case, the fonts
>> still
> look like garbage/aren't easy to read.
> I should note, the fonts in what
> I'm typing right now (gmail) aren't bad -- it's the fonts on the menu
> bar in iceweasel/icedove/whatever program.

Can you please upload a snapshot so we can see what you get?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

> Can you please upload a snapshot so we can see what you get?

http://www.jhstuckey.com/1080.jpeg

Does that look right to you?
From: Camaleón on
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:05:42 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:

>> Can you please upload a snapshot so we can see what you get?
>>

> http://www.jhstuckey.com/1080.jpeg
>
> Does that look right to you?

Mmmm, yes, nothing strange :-?. I bit "big" for my taste...

Do you find the font of the toolbar is still "small"? Then instead 96dpi
set to 120dpi, that will make things "bigger".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Camaleón <noelamac(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:05:42 +0200, James Stuckey wrote:
>
> >> Can you please upload a snapshot so we can see what you get?
> >>

> > http://www.jhstuckey.com/1080.jpeg
> >
> > Does that look right to you?
>
> Mmmm, yes, nothing strange :-?. I bit "big" for my taste...
>
> Do you find the font of the toolbar is still "small"? Then instead 96dpi
> set to 120dpi, that will make things "bigger".
>
> Greetings,
>
> --
> Camaleón

> listmaster(a)lists.debian.org
> Archive: http://lists.debian.org/pan.2010.04.30.08.15.37(a)gmail.com

Doing "xrandr --dpi 120", logging out of wmii and logging back in doesn't
change anything.

Maybe the problem I perceived in the text on screen is just how the monitor
displays.