From: steve reilly on
On 06/29/2010 08:41 PM, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
> Thank for you replies,
>
> Once those 3 PCs on level 5 turn on, after a few minutes, level 4 and 5 loose connections
> The PCs starting to throws errors IP duplications

are *both* of the switches handing out DHCP addresses?

steve

El mar, 29-06-2010 a las 07:40 -0700, Phillipus Gunawan escribió:
> Then I found out that there are 2 LAN cable connected between G1 and
> G2, port 15 and 16 connected each other
> Although after I disconnect port 15 on both switches everything looks
> OK, that was on 4:30, where only 3 people left in the office

a broadcast storm...?

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/lan-switch13.htm

Greetings

JulHer

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Phillipus Gunawan put forth on 6/29/2010 7:41 PM:

> G1 -> G2, two Cat5e connected each other

Power everything off, PCs, switches, Netgear box, ALL OF IT. Now, connect
one, and only one, cable between the TP-SG1016 switches. More than one cable
between them breaks the rules, and your network. Power the TP-SG1016s back
on, then the Netgear, then the PCs. Let us know if that fixes the problem.

> Switches model: TP-SG1016

As I thought, it's a super cheap unmanaged switch, less than $200 AU.
Probably low quality as well.

--
Stan