From: AJ on
Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...

I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in a
very long time.

We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access Database)
then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll use MS Access
in this case):

"The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
driver could not be found. Please install the driver."

I click OK then:

"Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
the Driver and Application"

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

AJ

From: Dennis Pack on
AJ:
If nobody has an answer here,
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms710252(VS.85).aspx may be useful.

--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4794 (20100121) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 21/01/2010 in message
<90896A24-4FA2-42DD-92DD-14087C7DD072(a)microsoft.com> AJ wrote:

>We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
>configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
>Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
>use MS Access in this case):
>
>"The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
>driver could not be found. Please install the driver."

Are ODBC drivers 32 bit only like the Jet drivers?

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who do binary and those
From: Paul Shapiro on
"AJ" <asbjiv(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...
>
> I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in
> a very long time.
>
> We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
> configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
> Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
> use MS Access in this case):
>
> "The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
> driver could not be found. Please install the driver."
>
> I click OK then:
>
> "Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
> the Driver and Application"

It sounds like you need to configure the 32-bit odbc drivers. Here's a link
with a good explanation:
http://clarionsharp.com/blog/2009/11/32-bit-odbc-in-the-64-bit-operating-system/

To open the 32-bit odbc administration dialog on a 64-bit os, you can use
this command:
%WINDIR%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

With that one I can configure an Access data source.

From: Steve Foster on
AJ wrote:

>Currently can't find a more specific place to post this message, so...
>
>I'm trying to troubleshoot an ODBC error and I haven't worked with this in
>a very long time.
>
>We have several Windows 7 64 bit PCs that generate errors when trying to
>configure User DSNs. When I highlight any of them (I.e. MS Access
>Database) then click Configure I get the following two errors (and I'll
>use MS Access in this case):
>
>"The setup routines for the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb, *.accdb) ODBC
>driver could not be found. Please install the driver."
>
>I click OK then:
>
>"Errors Found: The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between
>the Driver and Application"
>
>Any thoughts?

There are *two* ODBC Administrator applications, one for setting up 32-bit
drivers for 32-bit applications, another for 64-bit drivers and 64-bit
applications.

The default link in Administrative Tools (et al) is to the 64-bit
Administrator.

To manage 32-bit ODBC, you must run ODBCAd32.exe from the SysWOW64 folder.

Note that there's a distinct paucity of 64-bit ODBC drivers.

--
Steve Foster
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Woeful LAN Performance under Win 7
Next: XP64 and SCSI