From: Camaleón on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:35 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> In KDE, there exists a functionality named `Open terminal here' which
> allows you to open a terminal whose wd is the folder you are currently
> browsing with your favourite directory browser. Is there such a
> functionality in GNOME?

Yes, but I think it's integrated within Nautilus on newer GNOME releases
(>2.20).

You can, however, try to get the same behaviour by using a custom script:

***
Linux Gnome: Add Open Terminal Here / Open Shell Prompt Here Right Click
Menu To a File Manager
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-gnome-open-terminal-shell-prompt-here/
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camaleón wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:35 +0100, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>

>> In KDE, there exists a functionality named `Open terminal here' which
>> allows you to open a terminal whose wd is the folder you are currently
>> browsing with your favourite directory browser. Is there such a
>> functionality in GNOME?
>>

> Yes, but I think it's integrated within Nautilus on newer GNOME releases
> (>2.20).
>
> You can, however, try to get the same behaviour by using a custom script:
>
> ***
> Linux Gnome: Add Open Terminal Here / Open Shell Prompt Here Right Click
> Menu To a File Manager
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-gnome-open-terminal-shell-prompt-here/
> ***

Thanks. I shall use the custom script, as I am using 2.20 as a GNOME.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

If you don't buy a ticket, you can't win the raffle.

From: Liam O'Toole on
On 2010-03-15, Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri(a)student.ulg.ac.be> wrote:
> This is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message (RFC 2440 and 3156)
> --------------enig7ABE17C1F2B9FCEEDF986D51
>
> Hi,
>
> In KDE, there exists a functionality named `Open terminal here' which
> allows you to open a terminal whose wd is the folder you are currently
> browsing with your favourite directory browser. Is there such a
> functionality in GNOME?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --=20
> Merciadri Luca

Install the nautilus-open-terminal package. Then you will need to log
out and log in again, or simply restart nautilus:

nautilus -q
Alt-F2 -> nautilus

--
Liam O'Toole