From: Camaleón on
On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:18:23 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> On Sb, 26 iun 10, 11:31:48, Camaleón wrote:

>> Did you check the default settings for the printer in CUPS?
>
> Yes (not very obvious from my message), that was the very first thing to
> check. Also any other applications I tried correctly pick-up A4 as the
> paper size. This is only an issue with OpenOffice.org

Then check the "spadmin" settings for the printer. Maybe OOo still gets
it defaults from there...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

On Saturday 26 June 2010 19:18:23 Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Sb, 26 iun 10, 11:31:48, Camaleón wrote:
> > On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 14:00:33 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >
> > (...)
> >
> > > but OpenOffice.org still defaults to "US Letter" for the printer
> > > settings. Where is this setting coming from?
> >
> > Did you check the default settings for the printer in CUPS?
>
> Yes (not very obvious from my message), that was the very first thing to
> check. Also any other applications I tried correctly pick-up A4 as the
> paper size. This is only an issue with OpenOffice.org
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Perhaps someone on the OpenOffice.org mailing list might be able to help??

Lisi

Have you tried # dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1 ?

On Sb, 26 iun 10, 18:30:46, Camaleón wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 21:18:23 +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>
> > On Sb, 26 iun 10, 11:31:48, Camaleón wrote:
>
> >> Did you check the default settings for the printer in CUPS?
> >
> > Yes (not very obvious from my message), that was the very first thing to
> > check. Also any other applications I tried correctly pick-up A4 as the
> > paper size. This is only an issue with OpenOffice.org
>
> Then check the "spadmin" settings for the printer. Maybe OOo still gets
> it defaults from there...

Well, spadmin also shows "US Letter" and changes are not persistent.

Regards,
Andrei
On Sb, 26 iun 10, 14:00:33, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am stuck with this, hopefully someone else knows what's going on.
> but OpenOffice.org still defaults to "US Letter" for the printer
> settings. Where is this setting coming from?

Apparently it comes from:

,----[ /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.2/share/psprint/driver/SGENPRT.PS ]

| *OpenUI *PageSize: PickOne
| *OrderDependency: 30 AnySetup *PageSize
| *DefaultPageSize: Letter
`----

I changed that to A4 and now the default is ok (for me), at least until
the next update... I'll file a bug.

Regards,
Andrei