From: James Allsopp on
Hi,
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling openoffice after an update, but an
still am stuck with the 3..1 version of openoffice. I'm running squeeze so
should have the 3.2 package available. Can anyone help?

Best regards
James
From: Alexander Batischev on
On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 08:37:01PM +0100, James Allsopp wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling openoffice after an update, but an
> still am stuck with the 3..1 version of openoffice. I'm running squeeze so
> should have the 3.2 package available. Can anyone help?

How did you figure out that you still have 3.1? Here is how I check mine:

$ aptitude show openoffice.org-base-core

It shows '1:3.2.0-4' in Version field.

P.S. Just a blind shot: try the following command:

$ aptitude safe-upgrade

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev