From: Sthu Deus on
Good day.

I try to install anew my matrix printer. And not able to specify the
device I use that is /dev/usb/lp1.

If I try to send directly to the device - it prints, but when I run
system-config-printer, I do not know which connection to use of the
following: usb serial port #*, appsocket, internet ..., lpd/lpr, other.

In case of other I have to specify a device URI that I do not know what
is. But trying to specify usb:///dev/usb/lp1 does not print a test
page.

So, how I can solve the problem?

Thank You for Your time.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:40:29 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:

> I try to install anew my matrix printer. And not able to specify the
> device I use that is /dev/usb/lp1.
>
> If I try to send directly to the device - it prints, but when I run
> system-config-printer, I do not know which connection to use of the
> following: usb serial port #*, appsocket, internet ..., lpd/lpr, other.
>
> In case of other I have to specify a device URI that I do not know what
> is. But trying to specify usb:///dev/usb/lp1 does not print a test page.

What is the output of (as root) "lpinfo -v"?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón