From: PRAKHAR gaur on

Dear All,

I am using Debian 5.0.5, on a x86 machine. The Network is through a DHCP server. For connection to internet we have a Proxy server.
I was using Debian 5.0.4 on it apt-get used to work fine, but since this new installation of 5.0.5, there is some problem.

$ sudo apt-get install gromacs
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gromacs-data lesstif2 libxp6
Suggested packages:
tcsh c-shell
gromacs gromacs-data lesstif2 libxp6
0 upgraded, 4 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 7678kB of archives.
After this operation, 23.1MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
Err http://http.us.debian.org lenny/main libxp6 1:1.0.0.xsf1-2
Could not resolve '@ibab'
Err http://http.us.debian.org lenny/main lesstif2 1:0.95.0-2.1
Could not resolve '@ibab'
Err http://http.us.debian.org lenny/main gromacs-data 3.3.3-2
Could not resolve '@ibab'
Err http://http.us.debian.org lenny/main gromacs 3.3.3-2
Could not resolve '@ibab'
Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libx/libxp/libxp6_1.0.0.xsf1-2_i386.deb Could not resolve '@ibab'
Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/lesstif2/lesstif2_0.95.0-2.1_i386.deb Could not resolve '@ibab'
Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gromacs/gromacs-data_3.3.3-2_all.deb Could not resolve '@ibab'
Failed to fetch http://http.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gromacs/gromacs_3.3.3-2_i386.deb Could not resolve '@ibab'
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Tried apt-get with "--fix-missing" option but it didnt work.
Tried two days later, now on using apt-get this is coming...

prakhar(a)ibab-stud021:~$ sudo apt-get install dfsbuild
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
cdebootstrap cramfsprogs libarchive1 libdebian-installer-extra4 libdebian-installer4 mkisofs reprepro
Suggested packages:
gnupg-agent inoticoming
cdebootstrap cramfsprogs dfsbuild libarchive1 libdebian-installer-extra4 libdebian-installer4 mkisofs reprepro
0 upgraded, 8 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 1472kB of archives.
After this operation, 3850kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libdebian-installer4 libdebian-installer-extra4 cdebootstrap cramfsprogs mkisofs libarchive1 reprepro dfsbuild
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
0% [Connecting to http.us.debian.org (204.152.191.39)]

apt-get basically hangs here and does not proceeds further, the internet connection is working fine for Synaptic.
Did not find anything in the mail archives.

Thanking you,
Prakhar Gaur
From: Liam O'Toole on
On 2010-07-13, PRAKHAR gaur <prakhar_aaidu16(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> --_5b50f58c-d645-427a-a81a-d158616ad201_
>

> Dear All=2C
>
> I am using Debian 5.0.5=2C on a x86 machine. The Network is through a DHCP =
> server. For connection to internet we have a Proxy server.
> I was using Debian 5.0.4 on it apt-get used to work fine=2C but since this =
> new installation of 5.0.5=2C there is some problem.

<SNIP>

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=apt-get+proxy

Sorry, I couldn't resist :-)

--