From: Pavel A. on
"Le Chaud Lapin" <jaibuduvin(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 22, 4:20 pm, Stefan Kuhr <kustt...(a)gmx.li> wrote:
>> Hi Le Chaud Lapin,
>>
>> On 1/22/2010 8:06 PM, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
>>
>> > On Jan 22, 12:02 pm, Le Chaud Lapin<jaibudu...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> > <snip>
>> > We will continue to use SVN.
>>
>> > But we do need a good bug tracking system...
>>
>> What bug tracking system do you currently use and what is it that makes
>> you consider it not being a good bug tracking system?
>
> We're using the...
>
> "hmm...wonder why that crashed...Hey JF! Your software crashed!"
>
> system. :)
>
> We'd been using FlySpray, but noticed that since our team is really
> small, < 10 people, it was better to just let each person hack at what
> belongs to him.
>
> That is changing as we get close to a real alpha release.
>
> -Le Chaud Lapin-

If you like svn, then why not Trac?

The Joe Spolsky's company also has something interesting in beta:
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/details.html
http://www.fogcreek.com/FogBugz/StudentAndStartup.html

--pa

From: Stefan Kuhr on
Hi Le Chaud Lapin,

On 1/23/2010 4:02 AM, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
> On Jan 22, 4:20 pm, Stefan Kuhr<kustt...(a)gmx.li> wrote:
>> <snip>
>> What bug tracking system do you currently use and what is it that makes
>> you consider it not being a good bug tracking system?
>
> We're using the...
>
> "hmm...wonder why that crashed...Hey JF! Your software crashed!"
>
> system. :)
>
> We'd been using FlySpray, but noticed that since our team is really
> small,< 10 people, it was better to just let each person hack at what
> belongs to him.
>
> That is changing as we get close to a real alpha release.

I am using Mantis together with my subversion repository. My SVN server
is running on a Linux Box at home and the Mantis installation is on a
shared hosting server, so people can file bugs in it without me having
to provide VPN access to them as I would have to, if Mantis would be
running on a box in my network at home. Works like a charm :-)