From: Charles Kroeger on
Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.

(i.e. 16bits)

have a better one.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 12:03 PM, Charles Kroeger
<ckrogrr(a)frankensteinface.com> wrote:
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
> raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
> find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.

rawStudio seems to work well "enough" for me and my .crw chdk raw files.
i have not tried it with my canon 500d files though. [.cr2]

i say "enough" because it has a folder switching bug.

On May 21 2010 15:03 -0400, from ckrogrr(a)frankensteinface.com (Charles Kroeger):
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know
> of a good raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro?

I use F-Spot for photo management and UFRaw for raw conversion; these
work well for me with my Canon EOS 50D.

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael(a)kjorling.se .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *

From: H.S. on
Charles Kroeger wrote:
> Does anyone running Debian, (not Umbuto) use 'raw-therapee' or know of a good
> raw image processor that does well with 'our' distro? I have Gimp but can't
> find anything regarding 'raw' in the help files.
>
> (i.e. 16bits)
>
> have a better one.

I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).

ever having been read.

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 7:48 PM, H.S. <hs.samix(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have used ufraw successfully with Canon's crw files. I have also used
> dcraw to do the raw->jpeg conversion on the command line. The only
> problem that I have encountered in the latter method is that the dcraw
> appears to not understand camera's white balance (at least in Canon's case).

i get the same white balance issue with my chdk .crw files in rawstudio.
all this time i thought it was chdk not properly storing the white balance info.

do you have any access to .cr2 files to see if ufraw works with those?