From: peasthope on
From: Stephen Powell <zlinuxma.(a)wowway.co.>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 12:50:05 -0400 (EDT)
> My guess is that this problem [the video mode error
> message] was solved by a newer driver which got
> installed with the fresh install.

The other system which provided the replacement
monitor isn't Linux. On that system the "NetVista
monitor" gave only a black screen while other monitors
work. So there are two symptoms from the questionable
monitor: a black screen on one system and video mode
complaint from the monitor circuitry on the NetVista.

But yes, I should have put the monitor back on the
NetVista with the fresh Squeeze installation to test.
I might have scrapped a useable monitor.

Regards, ... Peter E.

--
Carnot is down, waiting for a disk replacement.
Personal site works; http://members.shaw.ca/peasthope/ .