From: jakeyjia on
thank u!
i got it~
can you give me your E-mail for the contact~
mine is: jakeyjia(a)gmail.com

i'm a rookie in this field.

thanks a lot again!

From: Tim Roberts on
jakeyjia <jakeyjia(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>thank u!
>i got it~
>can you give me your E-mail for the contact~
>mine is: jakeyjia(a)gmail.com
>
>i'm a rookie in this field.

Hmm, you MUST be. The sender's e-mail address is included in the header of
every message (unless they have specifically shrouded it).

However, the more important point is that it is almost never a good idea to
take a newsgroup thread to private email. By keeping the thread here in
public, others with the same questions (and there are ALWAYS others with
the same questions) can benefit from the discussion.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: jakeyjia on
Here comes new problem!
rencently, i find a U-disk and it's DriveType is FIXED which get from
"GetDriveType( )". i get the drive letter of U-disk via their Device Type.
but this kinds of U-disk is not work.

i thoungt a way to distinguish it by checking the Device Instantce ID, there
have a words such as "\\?\usbstor#disk&ven.....", and "usbstor" show the
device type is usb storage.

BUT,
in this case, i can't distinguish the type between U-disk and the harddisk
which connected to computer via usb line. Because all these two kinds of
device have the same property in DeviceType(FIXED) and Device Instantce
ID(usbstor).

what should i do?
ps: i do all these under user-mode. maybe it can be soulved under the
Kernle-mode.

From: Uwe Sieber on
jakeyjia wrote:
> Here comes new problem!
> rencently, i find a U-disk and it's DriveType is FIXED which get from
> "GetDriveType( )". i get the drive letter of U-disk via their Device Type.
> but this kinds of U-disk is not work.

What is an 'U-disk'?

Get my tool ListUsbDrives:
http://www.uwe-sieber.de/files/listusbdrives.zip

Start it with debug enabled:
listusbdrives -d

It shows very detailed then how it collects information
from several enumerations and how it matches them by
their device numbers.

Uwe

From: jakeyjia on
urh...
U-disk maybe called USB Flash Drive. i don't know how to desicribe it.

finally, i found that i do not need to distinguish the type between USB
Flash Drive with FIXED drive type(common USB Flash Drive is REMOVEABLE) and
the harddisk which connected to computer via usb line. Because the Drive Type
is made by the manufacturers, they can sign their product with ethier FIXED
or REMOVEABLE.

i got your tool and it is very useful tool. thank u again and again~~~
hehe~