From: Jimmy Johnson on
When in iceweasel/firefox when I can right click on selected text and I
get the option to search google for the selected text in a new tab.

Anybody know of a way I can have the same in icedove/thunderbird by
right clicking?
--
Jimmy Johnson

Bakersfield, CA. U.S.A.
Registered Linux User #380263
K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid)

On Fri, 07 May 2010 10:13:23 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> When in iceweasel/firefox when I can right click on selected text and I
> get the option to search google for the selected text in a new tab.
>
> Anybody know of a way I can have the same in icedove/thunderbird by
> right clicking?

It seems there is an add-on for Thunderbird:

SearchWith
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2194/

I've not tested it, not sure even if its works on linux platforms. Use
with caution :-P

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camale�n wrote:
> On Fri, 07 May 2010 10:13:23 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>
>> When in iceweasel/firefox when I can right click on selected text and I
>> get the option to search google for the selected text in a new tab.
>>
>> Anybody know of a way I can have the same in icedove/thunderbird by
>> right clicking?
>
> It seems there is an add-on for Thunderbird:
>
> SearchWith
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2194/
>
> I've not tested it, not sure even if its works on linux platforms. Use
> with caution :-P
>
> Greetings,

I was just now coming to tell you guys that I found this add on
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5467 and it defaults
to search selected text with google, has a 5 star rating, it does
exactly what I want. Thanks for your suggestion anyways. :-)

On Fri, 07 May 2010 11:46:35 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>> It seems there is an add-on for Thunderbird:
>>
>> SearchWith
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2194/

(...)

> I was just now coming to tell you guys that I found this add on
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5467 and it defaults
> to search selected text with google, has a 5 star rating, it does
> exactly what I want. Thanks for your suggestion anyways. :-) --

Grrr! :-)

<mode joke-on>
But mine has 77,679 downloads and 56 reviews :-P
</mode joke-off>

Just joking... Glad you found a better add-on ;-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

Camale�n wrote:
> On Fri, 07 May 2010 11:46:35 -0700, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
>
>> Camaleón wrote:
>
>>> It seems there is an add-on for Thunderbird:
>>>
>>> SearchWith
>>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/2194/
>
> (...)
>
>> I was just now coming to tell you guys that I found this add on
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/5467 and it defaults
>> to search selected text with google, has a 5 star rating, it does
>> exactly what I want. Thanks for your suggestion anyways. :-) --

> Grrr! :-)
>
> <mode joke-on>
> But mine has 77,679 downloads and 56 reviews :-P
> </mode joke-off>
>
> Just joking... Glad you found a better add-on ;-)
>
> Greetings,

Honestly I don't know if it is better, it just dose exactly what I want
and I can highly recommend it to anyone that wants to search google for
selected text from icedove/tbird. Thanks again. :-)