From: Ned Rodriguez on
I had mse installed. I was prevented from updating so I uninstalled and
attempted to re install. I cannot reinstall because the path to
ms_ambits.msi is missing. How can I install the new version? Remnants of
mse are still on the system which seems to be causing a conflict with the
temp av program I am using?
From: Twayne on
In news:1F4DB3FB-2E10-45F3-8955-ABD4FC02C49B(a)microsoft.com,
Ned Rodriguez <NedRodriguez(a)discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I had mse installed. I was prevented from updating so I
> uninstalled and attempted to re install. I cannot
> reinstall because the path to ms_ambits.msi is missing.
> How can I install the new version? Remnants of mse are
> still on the system which seems to be causing a conflict
> with the temp av program I am using?

Uninstall MSE, disconnect your modem from the 'net, remove the
temp AV, and install MSE. Should work.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: smlunatick on
On Apr 4, 4:08 pm, Ned Rodriguez
<NedRodrig...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I had mse installed.  I was prevented from updating so I uninstalled and
> attempted to re install.  I cannot reinstall because the path to
> ms_ambits.msi is missing.  How can I install the new version?  Remnants of
> mse are still on the system which seems to be causing a conflict with the
> temp av program I am using?

Locate, download and install Windows Installer Clean up tool and look
at removing the left-over MSE entries.