From: diane on
IBM / LENOVO X200 TABLET PC MULTITOUCH MULTIVEW 7449F9U

I don't know .. For some reason this laptop is just overkill for me. I
thought it was going to be smaller - lighter. Played with it for just a few
days .. going to reformat ... Already listed it .. Sorry for taking your
time with the Windows 7 update question .. I guess I will restore back to
Vista .. In case you are interested it is auction 270515991943 .. Use buy it
now and I will include the Ultra-Base ..

I wonder if I will ever find my dream tablet. I was so disappointed in last
years Fujitsu Lifebook .. Handwriting recognition was dreadful .. I don't
like hitting the screen that hard. Wonder if that has been changed.

--
Diane Whatever from my HP TouchSmart

From: Rainald Taesler on
diane wrote:

> I guess I will restore back to Vista ..

So I think there's no more need for the WinMail recipe. Right?

> I wonder if I will ever find my dream tablet.

The one you bought indeed is rather thick and heavy as it's a
"convertible".
I'll possibly need a successor for my beloved HP/COMPAQ tc1100. Nut I
will not buy a convertible.

You might check Motion's slate models.

Rainald

From: GIGANEWs on

"Rainald Taesler" <taesler(a)gmx.de> wrote in message

> So I think there's no more need for the WinMail recipe. Right?

Would still like to have the recipe, just in case I change my mind again.
One of two things that I do NOT like about this HP Pavilion TX 2500 [I think
that is the model] is the screen. Very shiny .. hard to see in most
lights. The other thing is the darn touch pad mouse ... the only nick left
at hotmail dot com

> The one you bought indeed is rather thick and heavy as it's a
> "convertible".
> I'll possibly need a successor for my beloved HP/COMPAQ tc1100. Nut I
> will not buy a convertible.
>
> You might check Motion's slate models.

I hate to say this out loud .... so don't repeat that I said it to anyone ..
but I might like to try the Apple tablet one day .. I swore I would NEVER
buy the iphone .. and I did ... and I love it !! I will go look at the
Motion's Slate ..

Sorry for the confusion with all the usernames but I have too many computers
scattered from my bedroom to my home office to my car to my office office
.... I forget what username I have .. I need to pick one and stay with it.

Diane

From: Rainald Taesler on
GIGANEWs wrote:
> Rainald Taesler wrote:

>> So I think there's no more need for the WinMail recipe. Right?
>
> Would still like to have the recipe, just in case I change my mind
> again.

Pls see my posting in your other thread.

> One of two things that I do NOT like about this HP Pavilion TX
> 2500 [I think that is the model] is the screen. Very shiny .. hard
> to see in most lights. The other thing is the darn touch pad mouse

Do you have that in the moment?

>> The one you bought indeed is rather thick and heavy as it's a
>> "convertible".
>> I'll possibly need a successor for my beloved HP/COMPAQ tc1100. But I
>> will not buy a convertible.
>>
>> You might check Motion's slate models.
>
> I hate to say this out loud .... so don't repeat that I said it to
> anyone .. but I might like to try the Apple tablet one day .. I
> swore I would NEVER buy the iphone .. and I did ... and I love it !!

Let's wait and see ;-)
Nobody does at present knows when it will appear and which features it
might have.

I would have loved to have an iPhone as soon as it appeared. But over
here in Germany it only comes bundled with T-mobile contracts and my
cell-phone usage is really low, it's just too expensive for a toy.

Rainald

From: Beverly Howard on
There was a very thin lenovo tablet shown at CES that is not on the
market yet...

....essentially a laptop with a pop off screen that looks to be the
equivalent of a letter sized legal pad.

http://www.wired.com/video/ideapad-u1-hybrid-notebook-tablet-caters-to-road-warriors/60852989001

plus a few others in the pipe

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/03/crunchpad-the-launch-prototype/