From: Klaudia on
I wanted to make a simple plot with Matlab 7 with the following m-file:
%Plotting a parabole
e=-2:0.25:2;
f=e.^2+1;
plot(e,f)

It gave an error meassage. I tried an other computer, and it was working. (in a university cluster room) Other simple functions were working with all pc-s, only the plot caused the problem. Can you tell me what the problem is?

Thank you very much
From: Steven Lord on

"Klaudia " <klau24(a)citromail.hu> wrote in message
>I wanted to make a simple plot with Matlab 7 with the following m-file:
> %Plotting a parabole
> e=-2:0.25:2;
> f=e.^2+1;
> plot(e,f)
>
> It gave an error meassage. I tried an other computer, and it was working.
> (in a university cluster room) Other simple functions were working with
> all pc-s, only the plot caused the problem. Can you tell me what the
> problem is?

Not without seeing the error message; my guess, though, would be that you
have a variable named PLOT and your attempt to call the PLOT function was
instead interpreted as an attempt to index into that variable. If that's
not the problem, post the complete text of the error message.

--
Steve Lord
slord(a)mathworks.com