|  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
TDSSosvd.dat TR/Agent.439 was found
I'm looking at a friend's fairly old Dell Dimension 4600c with XP Home. It runs as slow as molasses! Out of frustration, he just bought a new Gateway with Windows 7. (I guess he had been wanting a new PC lately, anyway.) He asked me to set it up and transfer his old files to it. I offered to take the PC hom... 11 Aug 2010 23:33
I received a warning from Google ......
~BD~ wrote: I was using Safari and got a warning when I visited a URL. If you're not going to give us the exact url that spawned the warning, then why bother posting? It's a waste of time if we don't have the exact URL so we can grab a sample of the malware. ... 13 Aug 2010 20:08
malware changing router settings
Spotted it today, a dg834g netgear router was accessed by some malicious software which followed a limewire download. The software logged onto the router (using default password) and changed dns settings from automatic to a set of manual addresses. The consequence was, of say a google search, any link had a re... 10 Aug 2010 18:00
Seeking TECH tutorial about cookies, beacons, etc
Can someone here direct me to a good tutorial about cookies, beacons, and other methods of tracking web site visits and visitors? The Wall Street J is currently running a series on computer privacy, focusing on how companies (vendors) use cookies, beacons, and other methods of learning details of visitors to thei... 5 Aug 2010 13:31
Security Web Site That Identifies Viruses at Target URL?
David H. Lipman wrote: From: "W"<persistentone(a)spamarrest.com> | Is there an anti-virus website that you can give a URL to that would scan | that site and identify any virus/trojan that the site tries to install? It is hard to traverse the entire site but, this is a good start. http://www.urlvoi... 5 Aug 2010 18:01
AntivirusGT
Greetings Daughter's laptop got hit by AntivirusGT. Constant "alerts" popping up about this, that and the other infection, and of course it would fix them if she paid out. She couldn't access antimalware websites because of redirects. She brought it to my house yesterday for me to try and fix. I downloaded ... 3 Aug 2010 20:13
Receiving files from myself? - solved
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:09:20 -0400, slate_leeper <bycy-r0bj(a)spamex.com> wrote: This morning when I first started Firefox, my proxy server told me I was receiving several files, including an html page and a few image files. I had just started Firefox, and had not entered any URL or clicked any bookmark or lin... 2 Aug 2010 09:12
Receiving files from myself?
This morning when I first started Firefox, my proxy server told me I was receiving several files, including an html page and a few image files. I had just started Firefox, and had not entered any URL or clicked any bookmark or link. Firefox did not display the page or any images. The REALLY strange part - the proxy... 31 Jul 2010 23:46
Proxy server settings
I've noticed lately (as I'm sure some of you others have) that some of these rogue antivirus/antispyware installations are setting up a proxy server entry in Internet Explorer which blocks or redirects internet traffic. I don't remember how I first stumbled on to it but it is one of the first things I check now... 3 Aug 2010 05:57
What is Net Protector AntiVirus 2010
Another Rogue, removal instructions, details for Experts, etc. <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58630> Silj -- "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year... 28 Jul 2010 00:57
Korean Rogue * Anticare *
Details | removal Instructions, etc > <http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=58621> Silj ... 27 Jul 2010 16:08
PING: Autumn
You have email. Thanks ! Silj -- "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time." - Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_ ... 26 Jul 2010 22:40
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11