From: Marc Olive on
Hello,

I have a ssh server with a chrooted environment to give acces to our customers
that have a scponlyc shell. On the sshd outside the chroot only the users of
the group "scpuser" can connect to sftp, I added "AllowGroups scpuser" to
sshd_config.

Some /etc/passwd examples are:

/etc/passwd:
myuser:x:1111:1111::/var/lib/scproot//home/myuser:/usr/sbin/scponlyc
/etc/group:
scpuser:x:222:mysuer
/etc/group:
myuser:x:1111:
/etc/shadow:
myuser:a8a71aa6cfdb910c8f1e3a3a7edad4c9:14501:0:99999:7:::
/var/lib/scproot/etc/passwd:
myuser:x:1111:1111:::
/var/lib/scproot/etc/group:
myuser:x:1111:

When they want to connect they have to try 3 or 4 times before they
succesfully connect. In the logs there's "debug1: Received SIGCHLD" when they
can not connect, I attach full logs with two failed attemps and a succesfull
one.

I don't understand why they have to try several times since they connect...

Any idea? thanks,

--

Marc Olivé
Grup Blau