From: Darren Salt on
I demand that Ant may or may not have written...

> Weird. I just noticed this in my dmesg and have no idea if this is bad
> or not:

> [246348.660025] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -62500120 ns)
> I checked previous logs, and none of them have it so it might had been a
> hiccup?

That's harmless.

--
| Darren Salt | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds ,demon,co,uk | Northumberland | Army
| + http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/ & http://tartarus.org/ds/

Locutus 1-2-3 - a Borg spreadsheet program.
From: Ant on
>> Weird. I just noticed this in my dmesg and have no idea if this is bad
>> or not:
>
>> [246348.660025] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = -62500120 ns)
>> I checked previous logs, and none of them have it so it might had been a
>> hiccup?
>
> That's harmless.

OK. :) Weird, still no new machine errors for the last two days and no
kernel panics. I am not going to try other tests (e.g., Ubuntu liveCD)
unless kernel panics occur again. It seems like temperature related now?
:/
--
"We are anthill men upon an anthill world." --Ray Bradbury
/\___/\
( )
From: Ant on
And the machine errors returned recently according to /var/log/messages
and its older .0 logs:
Mar 16 05:41:16
Mar 24 23:13:46
Mar 25 00:51:16

So there was over a week gap of quietness. So I guess, it is not heat
related because it is currently warm in my room (80F degrees).

$ sensors -f
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +71.2�F (crit = +206.2�F)

k8temp-pci-00c3
Adapter: PCI adapter
Core0 Temp: +105.8�F
Core1 Temp: +78.8�F

:( No kernel panics so far, but I am sure another one is near since my
uptime has been over a week (9.25 days).

On 3/18/2010 4:47 AM PT, Ant typed:

--
"Don't step on ants... they're people too." --a quote from ANTZ movie.
/\___/\
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi(a)earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant(a)zimage.com
"What reason, like the careful ant, draws laboriously together, the wind
of accident sometimes collects in a moment." --Friedrich von Schiller
/\___/\
From: Ant on
FYI. Based on the last two /var/log/messages files (started at
4/4/2010 6:48:27 AM PDT), I had these machine errors:
Apr 4 18:38:46
Apr 7 00:11:16
Apr 7 01:43:46
Apr 9 04:06:16
Apr 13 23:58:46
Apr 14 01:36:16
Apr 14 01:58:46

Then this morning at about 2:20 AM PDT, my old Debian/Linux crashed
with a kernel panic and autorebooted (did this on purpose in case I
wasn't around from a hard crash). I noticed it after 4 AM PDT when I
woke up to use my computers. I believe I had over 28 days of uptime
without any kernel panics.

From: Ant on
Another one, but I was actually surfing the Web and frozen
computer. :D So, it is not tied to idled times then.