From: Hendrik Boom on
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 07:53:26 +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:

> Daniel Dalton:
>> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 03:24:31PM +0100, Jochen Schulz wrote:
>>>
>>> The only drawback is that you probably won't have that much fun
>>> running stable on it, because I don't think stable supports the
>>> graphics chip
>>
>> I run squeeze
>
> Then you shouldn't run into problems. The hardest part is to create a
> USB stick with d-i on it (in case you don't have an external CD/DVD
> drive). I think I used the testing installer.

If you can't avoid the Windows tax, and get Windows on it,m you might
want to start from there (I did this with my Asus 1000HE). There's a
Windows program called something like Goodbye Windows, or ByeBye Windows
or something like that that is a Linux installer. I no longer know where
I got it, unfortunately.

-- hendrik

Hendrik Boom <hendrik(a)topoi.pooq.com> wrote:
> If you can't avoid the Windows tax, and get Windows on it,m you might want to
> start from there (I did this with my Asus 1000HE). There's a Windows
> program called something like Goodbye Windows, or ByeBye Windows or
> something like that that is a Linux installer. I no longer know where I got
> it, unfortunately.

That would be at:

http://www.goodbye-windows.com/

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42(a)yahoo.com

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 02:31:21AM +0000, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> There's a Windows program called something like Goodbye Windows, or ByeBye
> Windows or something like that that is a Linux installer. I no longer know
> where I got it, unfortunately.
I believe it used to be at goodbye-microsoft.com, where you could simply click
at icon and get EXE installer, but now this site offers gNewSense. I found
goodbye-windows.com, where you really can get Debian installer for Windows, but
there are little more clicking required there :)

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev