From: excel_slave on
I am using a time-value x-axis. My minimum point is 10/31/08 and my maximum
is 10/31/11. I have the base unit as days and the major unit interval set as
months. In Excel 2003, this gave me axis labels of 10/31, 11/30, 12/31 etc.
In 2007 it gives me 10/31, 12/1, 1/1 etc. - I cannot figure out how to make
it show the labels as of the last day of the month instead of the first day
of the next month.
From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

If I set things up exactly as you state I get the right days along the X
axis.

My underlying data for the dates I set up as Custom Format dd-mmm-yy. Maybe
if you set things up this way you will get the right dates appearing in the
chart?

Thanks.

From: excel_slave on
formatting of the dates did not change anything. Is there a date setting in
Windows that would default all applications to display the end of a period
instead of the beginning?

From: trip_to_tokyo on
I have just put up my file for you at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- item number 77 towards the top of my home page.

Try deleting the chart and then starting again. If you do this I think that
the new chart will pick up the dates in the format that I have suggested.

Thanks.

From: excel_slave on
I closed Excel and opened your file from your website and it displayed the
axis labels on your chart as:

31-Oct-08
1-Dec-08
1-Jan-09
1-Feb-09
etc.

there must be a default setting on my machine or OS that is telling it to
display time-values as the beginning of a period and not the end. I also got
a new laptop when I switched from 2003 to 2007 so that may be the issue and
not a 2003 vs 2007 issue. Thanks for your help.